Do you know your Samsung Galaxy S20 can perform some amazing tricks? Learn Samsung Galaxy S20 tips and tricks with our guide to unlock the full potential of your Galaxy S20.
Let’s dive into the exciting world of the Samsung Galaxy S20!
Top 10 Tips And Tricks Of Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung’s S20 series comprises 4 smartphones. All these phones have extraordinary specs and features. S20 FE is an affordable mobile, while S20 Ultra has impressive specs. S20 and S20 Plus are also exceptional phones. We have prepared a list of the top 10 tips and tricks of the S20 series. Let us explore these tips and tricks:
1. Bixby Button
S20 phones do not have a Bixby button. But if you press the power button for a long time, Bixby will open instead of the power off menu. However, you can change this default setting by following the method:
- Open Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- Tap on the Side key option
- Adjust the power button to show the power menu instead of Bixby
2. Quick Share
Quick Share is a unique file-sharing tool of the S20 series. You can open it by following these steps:
- Open the Quick panel by swiping down from the top of the screen
- Find Quick Share
- Tap on it to turn it on
You can change the name of your S20 to share files by holding down the icon to access settings. You can share files with Quick Share anytime. The only drawback of Quick Share is that you can only share files with Samsung phones that have One UI 2.1. It means you cannot share files with Android phones, iPhones, and even Samsung phones with older software versions through Quick Share.
3. Music Sharing
It is also an exciting feature of S20 phones. But it has limited connectivity features like Quick Share. Moreover, you must keep your phone’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on while sharing music. You can find it in the Quick Panel. Your friends and family can connect to a pair of speakers or headphones with the help of your Galaxy S20.
4. Screen Refresh Rate
High screen refresh rate is a new feature in the S20 phones. You can increase the screen refresh rate to 120Hz. This feature enables a smooth scrolling and animation experience while playing games. Follow these steps to control the refresh rate:
- Open Mobile Settings
- Select on Display
- Tap on Motion smoothness. Now, you can choose between the standard 60Hz or 120Hz high refresh rate.
You will be disappointed that the 120Hz rate is incompatible with the screen’s top resolution (WQHD+). You must compromise on resolution quality if you want a high refresh rate. On the other hand, to get high resolution, you have to set a 60Hz standard refresh rate.
5. Hide The Selfie Camera
S20 phones have punch-hole selfie cameras at the center. I will tell you a trick with which you can hide the front camera of the S20 up to some extent.
- Open Settings
- Select Display
- Choose Full-screen apps
- Tap on the dot menu in the top right.
- Now select Advanced Settings. Here, you will see only one setting that will hide the front camera cutout with a black bar across the screen’s top
6. Camera Shortcuts
Cameras of S20 phones capture bright and high-quality pictures. You will be surprised to know that there are some impressive camera shortcuts. If your camera’s photo mode is on, you can record video by holding the shutter button. The fun fact is that you do not have to change your camera’s photo mode to video mode for this. Another trick is that if you hold and pull down towards the screen’s bottom, your phone will capture many photos to make a GIF.
7. Customise Always-On Display
The always-on display of these phones remains active to show the time and notifications. But you have to tap on it to see time and notifications. You can change it by following these simple steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the Lock screen
- You can now switch Tap to show settings to Always On Display
- You can also schedule it to switch off after a specific time.
8. Automatically Unmute
It is the most helpful feature of S20 phones. It commonly slips from our minds to unmute our phones after setting them to silent mode. As a result of this, we miss some notifications and calls. But with this feature, your phone automatically unmutes after a set period. To turn on this setting, follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Go to Sounds and vibration
- Select the Mute option at the top
- A temporary mute toggle will appear on the screen
- Now, you can choose the silent mode duration of your phone. After which it will unmute automatically.
9. Launch Apps Quickly
It is an extraordinary feature of Samsung S20 phones. You can select and lock up three apps in the phone’s RAM. When you tap on these apps, they will open quickly.
- Go to the Recents screen. Here, you can find all of your open apps.
- Tap on the icon above the screen.
- Choose Keep open for quick launching.
10. View Notifications Easily
The S20 lineup phones have large display screens. Due to this, it is difficult to use them with one hand. You must stretch your thumb to the top of the screen to swipe down. There is a simple solution to this problem. You can swipe down anywhere on the screen to see notifications easily by following these steps:
- Long-press the Home Screen
- Select Home screen settings
- Turn on Swipe Down for the notification panel.
Try all these tips and tricks with your Samsung Galaxy S20 and enjoy using your phone to its full potential.